2159 Bering Drive, San Jose, CA
Applies payments received to AR subsidiary and supports Programs branch billing and payment posting process.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES / STANDARDS
- Capture (manual) client credit card payments via web based application.
- Apply “payments” received via credit card, check, ACH, wire, royalty, FOA and cash to customer account receivable in a complex invoicing environment.
- Review newly invoiced amounts that correspond to legacy Go-Ahead proforma billings to determine whether payment has been previously received on account and clears balances as appropriate.
- Work with AR collections team to clear open AR balances against funds on account as directed.
- Reconcile client AR accounts as requested
- Verify Programs order payment methods (credit card, purchase order, client-owned product, royalty, coupon, etc.) in a complex structure and record and balance methods of payment.
- Post Programs order payments and adjustments to AR as indicated on pick tickets.
- Maintain credit card Log for Programs and Custom branch settlements and various spreadsheet reporting and analysis.
- Communicate with Customer Service department regarding Programs branch transactional exceptions and errors.
- Work with Customer Service to improve Programs branch transactional processes and identify/resolve billing issues as they arise.
- Assist team with the AP check run and filing as needed.
- Special projects.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness is a MUST.
- Data entry and general math skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrate independent judgement in discerning accounting treatment when evaluating and correcting transactional exceptions and errors.
- Maintain integrity and relationships with internal personnel.
- Team player with ability to collaborate with accounting and teams in the organization
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experienced in high transaction volume environment
- AA Accounting degree preferred