San Jose, CA
The position reports to their business units Account Executive (AE). This person is responsible for the management of every client order and the day to day administrative function(s) of these orders. They ensure that all clients are 100% referenceable. The ideal candidate would aspire to grow into a sales associate role.
Daily responsibilities include order follow up with suppliers and freight companies to ensure on time delivery of accurate product, high-quality client interactions, procurement and returning of samples, pre-invoicing of every order and the execution of all assigned departmental tasks. These duties may include the documentation of processes and procedures and other financial accountability (secure clients PO and/or credit card information, etc.).
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES / STANDARDS
- Manage supplier and their production schedules so that the delivery and receipt of product is accurate and on-time
- Manage quality control on ordered merchandise – quantity, sizes, accurate product and brand guidelines
- Manage all delivery of product to appropriate destinations e.g. embroidery, screen print, end product to client. Includes constant tracking and updates on proof of delivery
- Coordinate receipt and review of production proofs. Verify accuracy to specification and order (final approval by client or AE).
- Communicate any and all issues/changes that impact production schedule immediately to the AE
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, or other written correspondence
- Proactively consider items that could impact a shipment from arriving on time (weather, strikes, etc.) and manage around them
- Proactively investigate, resolve and find solutions for customer complaints, problems and order related issues
- Help research and price merchandise for new projects. Retrieve quotes from suppliers and understand supplier’s company procedures, requirements and lead-time.
- Coordinate with internal departments on customers’ behalf to ensure customer needs are met
- Develop and grow relationships with customers by understanding their business needs, products and goals and provide solutions to best meet these needs
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers. Keeping track of what special agreements and pricing we have with our preferred suppliers.
- Develop strong industry and product knowledge
- Understands the value of products, why/how customers use them
- Isolate and identify areas of improvement
- Finalize all outstanding billing information in a timely manner
- Timely responses to clients, suppliers and peers
- Other tasks as assigned
BEHAVIORAL / INTERPERSONAL
Proven organizational and time management skills –
- Utilize professional and appropriate system to organize day and related tasks
- Solid management of each working day, ability to prioritize projects
- Accomplishment, or appropriate delegation, of daily tasks
- Foresee schedule and be proactive to planning for all tasks
- When out of the office leave all projects and responsibilities in order while away (i.e. appropriate documentation, outline, delegation, and assessment of tasks to be done while you are out)
Manageability and cooperation –
- Be trained by manager in efficient and cooperative manner
- Adapt to company and/or department changes with positive professional behavior
- Approach manager in productive manner when faced with work or client related issues
Good communication skills –
- Outstanding verbal communications skills, ability to listen, give good suggestions and handle objections as they are presented to you
- Outstanding written communication skills in both writing and in email. Demonstrated professionalism both in format and grammar of written communication
- Responsive to client, supplier and peer communications
Demonstrated leadership skills –
- Maintain professional behavior when communicating with peers, suppliers and clients
- Provide solid suggestions to peers based on your experience
- Step in and cover when peers are out of office
- Be solutions oriented – this includes approaching manager with issues and recommended solutions, rather than issues alone
- Appropriately direct discussions of peers regarding job related issues to manager without fueling fire or creating negativity among staff
- Demonstrate positive professional behavior towards company and groups 24/7, show support for company decisions, managers and peers
Proven customer service skills –
- Coordinate and manage meetings with your manager to include agenda creation, follow up with post meeting report and ensure all action items are completed
- Think on feet when working with your internal and external customers
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, without having to rehash issues, or point finger of blame, just work toward solutions
Outstanding team player –
- Be attentive to every team’s work load and assist where you can, proactively
- Participate in staff meetings with helpful and productive suggestions and information
- Be flexible and willing to help out in any area of the company, even when not directly related to your job description
Multi-tasking experience –
- Specifically with multiple projects/deadlines
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines without negative affect on quality of work
Ability to follow and respect company policies and procedures –
- Specifically related to time in and out of work – important to be to work on time
- Manage schedule so as to not work extensive overtime
- When it is necessary to work long hours, ability to do so with positive professional behavior and demonstrated dedication to position and client
- Follow company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Perform some repetitive motion activities.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. in intermittent intervals
- AA degree and a minimum of 24 months of experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office programs
- Easily trainable on other company proprietary systems.
Brandvia Alliance, Inc. strives to provide a comprehensive benefits package that meets the needs of our employees and their families. The company currently offers the following benefits to employees who meet the eligibility criteria:
Health Insurance, FSA, paid time off, paid volunteer hours, paid company holidays, 401(k), long term disability, life insurance
BrandVia Alliance, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.