Menlo Park, CA
Our ideal candidate is great with customers has a winning attitude and expectation of success. They are enthusiastic, responsive, upbeat, confident, self-motivated, and focused on customer satisfaction. Often they will need to work independently, however this position is connected to our headquarters team a few miles away. Being a team player and willingness to pitch in at all levels is extremely important.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES / STANDARDS
- Retail and customer-interface experience is key
- Point-of-Sale (Square) equipment experience, including handling returns/exchanges
- Cash management and balancing a register
- Visual merchandising experience to create effective item displays
- Cheerful, courteous, helpful attitude with all customers, every time
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Effective listening and questioning skills in helping customers shop
- Ability to learn and convey product features/pricing for a wide variety of items
- Understanding customers’ immediate need and matching product to those needs
- Work within the culture and rule-set of the client’s campus
- Understand client’s brand guidelines and marketing initiatives. Keep internal teams updated with any new initiatives
- Build rapport with supporting client staff: mailroom, etc.
- Can operate and transact quickly and accurately especially during peak hours
- Work closely with customers to develop relationships, understand their overall needs and solve issues
- Develop strategies designed to enhance the shopping experience
- Seek to streamline the transaction and shopping process for ease and customer satisfaction
- Occasional event support at client site and annual inventory; which can be outside of normal working hours
- Restocking, re-folding and organization of the storage room
- Communicate inventory status and stock need to Store Manager
- Place re-orders for merchandise as stock levels dictate, interface with customer service
- Lifting and moving boxes up to 35 pounds on occasion
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as email, etc.
- Maintains and conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Be open to supporting the Store Manager with reorders and other tasks, as needed.
- Retail store – professional
- Two + years of retail experience or customer service
- High School diploma
Job Type: Full-time