As of May 10th, 2019, the US government increased tariffs by 15%, bringing the total tariff to 25% on a number of imported promotional gifts that are manufactured in China. As these tariffs are calculated at the time the impacted product arrives in the United States, it can at times be challenging to foresee this extra cost beforehand.
In order to help avoid surprises and disappointment that could arise from these tariffs, we want to keep you informed and at the same time let you know that while some products are affected, there are many products and categories that remain unencumbered by these new policies.
What you should know:
- new orders AND orders in production IN CHINA may be affected
- products produced in Asia but not in China, will not be affected by these tariffs
- products produced in the USA will not be affected by these tariffs
- we will continue to keep you informed regarding tariff changes on brandvia.com
You don’t need to be alarmed, BrandVia has a wide selection of gifts from across many categories that are currently unaffected by tariffs, here are just a few;
- Wood, Plastic
- Chocolate & candy gifts
- Custom cut and sew canvas bags & pouches
- Knit headwear, knit scarves
- Speakers, Headphones, Powerbanks
- Messengers, Backpacks and Totes
- Writing Instruments
Questions? Please connect with your Account Executive who will be happy to share some options designed to meet both your budget and your objectives.